Jesse Malin - The Fine Art of Self Destruction - 20th Anniversary Edition (Random Coloured Vinyl)
Limited to 500 copies
20th Anniversary pressing including bonus tracks.
The Fine Art of Self Destruction will be reissued in early 2023 with a bonus disc of the entire album re-recorded and reimagined, with a series of singles celebrating the album.
Following his teenage years in the pioneering hardcore band Heart Attack and his 20s fronting the wild and beloved D Generation, Malin took a cue from his songwriting heroes and was ready for a chance to stand alone. The record was recorded over six days in New York City, live and raw.
Produced by Ryan Adams and released in 2003, The Fine Art of Self Destruction “wasn’t named for drug or alcohol abuse,” says Malin. “It was more about a personal wreckage when I looked back on my life, from my parents' divorce to failed relationships, broken up bands, dropping out of school, crashing cars, breaking things. It was more of a spiritual journey in some sense.”
6) The Fine Art of Self-Destruction
7) Riding on the Subway
8) High Lonesome
10) Almost Grown
12) Brooklyn (Walt Whitman in the Trash)
13) Downliner (Afterglow Version)
14) Solitaire (Song for Kelly Keller)
15) Almost Grown (Busker Version)
16) Queen of the Underworld (Cantina Version)
17) Cigarettes and Violets '22
18) High Lonesome (PBR Vacation)
19) Xmas Etc.